Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Great sadness ensues....

Everyone knows I've been excited for pretty much the last 8 months that I was going to try and run the Mt. Washington Race this summer (7.6 miles, average grade of 12.2%). Well.....I am NOT going to be running the Mt. Washington Race this summer, since I did not get picked in the lottery. Even worse, my dreams of being the first KY finisher in years is most certainly dashed to pieces as two other people from KY DID get chosen in the lottery.

What a bummer!!!

Now I have to decide what to do with all the incline training I've been doing. I've still got the Louisville MiniMarathon coming up in late April (entry is confirmed.....I think) but then I need to find some sort of crazy event to get me through the summer. So.....if you come across anything cool in your own home town (ahem, Papillion, cough), and you don't mind putting me up for the night (I'll pay for my Cheerios if need be) I suppose I'm a mercenary for hire on the road racing front.

Until next time......

2 comments:

Tammy said...

awwww. so sad.... you can always come on down to Georgia too ya know! we won't even charge you for the cherios...I'll do some looking for ya. Later

Pocket said...

Well! That Mount Washington race doesn't know what they're missing! I hope the other KY entries get mysteriously injured between now and then....could happen.