Sunday, April 19, 2009

A bit overdue....

...for an update for all you anxious fans out there. I've been busy, and as we are now moving (sold our house, AND bought a new one) to another part of Lexington in the next two months, things are bound to get even busier. Nonetheless, my people deserve to know what is happening in the life of Queep, so here we go:

Our new house is off Richmond Rd, in the Fairway subdivision. We'll live less than half a mile from Coach Calipari's new digs, and the neighborhood looks quiet and peaceful. We close on June 15th, and I'[m already packing since the month of May is going to be a hectic one with lots of Saturday events for work.

I know I've been rather lax in charting my training for next weekend's Louisville Derby Minimarathon, but I promise I've been getting in my miles as best I can. I'm running 15 to 20 miles most weeks, with a couple of weeks closer to 30 (but not many of these weeks). I'm not concerned at all about the distance, but I think I'm going to be slower than my original 1:25:00 prediction. 1:28:00 to 1:30:00 looks like a safe guess now. I checked the results from the past two years, and each year the #100 male finisher was in the 1:28:00 range, so that is what I'd LIKE to run, and what I'll set out to run (and then try and hold on to the pace).

Life is steaming along at the Crawford household, and with Laura starting graduate school the week before we move it looks like this summer may have come and gone before we even know what hit us. Maybe we'll have to plan in advance for some sort of escape from Kentucky during Thanksgiving (which would mean missing my 10-year high school reunion, but I've already expressed my opinion to the organizers that I think Thanksgiving is for family and they could have chosen another time of year).

I don't really have any pictures of any sort to post right now, but maybe I can download pictures from the finish of the half marathon and post them (sorry folks, no Ale8 cape on this one).

Until next time...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

always good to hear from queep...I feel the same way about our summer - before I know it - school will be back in session...lots of traveling for us in June, a week of VBS, a week of Hank teaching at a camp in La/week with my folks, then time in AR and back home to have July...well that is the plan anyways - oh yeah and Jacob will hopefully be potty trained by end of summer and have taken a week of swimming lessons.. craziness :)