Monday, May 4, 2009

Next on the List...

I have a co-worker who has been looking for a "rematch" race ever since I put a 38 minute beatdown on him at the Chiago Marathon in 2006. He called yesterday with his race choice (we'd agreed previously on half-marathon distance this time) and picked the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Chicago, which takes place August 2nd.

So.....I guess I'm training for another half marathon. Three months notice seems pretty fair, and to be honest, Ken is in a bit better shape than I am right now, so I'll have to get going pretty quickly. I ran 14 miles yesterday at 7:20 pace, which is only 6 seconds slower per mile than my race pace for the Louisville Mini last weekend. What really needs to happen is for me to get my butt back over to the track and do some speed work (Yikes!).

It does feel good to have another "goal" race since the Mt. Washington idea fell through. If anybody has a great idea for how to drop 8 pounds quickly (other than swallowing a tape worm) please let me know, so I can get back to training at "race weight".

As an intermediate goal, I'm hoping to run a decent time at the Bluegrass 10,000 on July 4th....which will mark the two year anniversary (AND MUCH AWAITED RETURN!!!) of Ale8 Man!!!! Better get your popcorn ready!

No comments: