Saturday, February 14, 2009

Its official

That's right, I'm training for a half marathon in April. The Derby Festival Mini-Marathon is the goal, and I'd really like to run a 1:25:00, which I'm not sure is realistic given the shape I'm in, but I figure I'll just go to work on it and see how it goes. I decided to run because I've got a couple of friends who'll be doing the race, and hopefully one of them will let me crash at their place the night before (hint hint) so I won't have to get up at like 4 AM on race day to drive to Louisville. If all else fails, I know Rachael has a big couch.

I've added a training log widget to the blog so all you dedicated Queep-stalkers can keep track of my progress (or relative lack there-of).

In other running related news, I've been made aware that my brother-in-law of matching name has worn the crap out of his current training shoes, and he should know that new ones are on order (but not yet out of the warehouse).

I hope everyone is having a good Valentine's day. I am, and I'll list a couple reasons why:

1) Slept in
2) Got a good run in
3) UK won (45 for Meeks)
4) The dogs are in a relatively peaceful detente-type situation (I think it may be defensive posturing, but I'll take it).
5) I got to spend the whole day with "the girl"!!
6) Managed a tasty dinner by myself
7) Looking forward to more time with Laura.....and maybe some tasty cheesecake as well.
8) Strong possibility for sleeping in again tomorrow, based on the condition of my legs.

1 comment:

jenni said...

i'll definitely stalk progress of this. GOOD LUCK..
No half for me this year :( but Papillion is doing a 10k when they have the Half.. I think Pete and I are going to do it.